In recognition of his consistent and outstanding contributions to African Lifestyle Journalism, the Publisher and founder of Trendy Africa Magazine; Tosan Aduayi is being honored with a Special Recognition Award at the 3rd Annual Diamond Special Recognition Awards. The Ceremony will be witnessed by top professionals and diplomats at the Embassy of Nigeria, Washington, DC on the 5th of October, 2013.
Presented by Bustline Media International, the Diamond Special Recognition Awards aims to celebrate outstanding personalities in a variety of professions. The awards recognize individuals who have contributed and achieved much to their community.
The previous editions of the awards have been held in the United Kingdom (2011) and Nigeria (2012). Recipients are recognized from the host countries.
VIEW PHOTOS FROM THE AWARD CEREMONY BELOW
AWARDEE’S LISTED BELOW
1. Ambassador A.I Adefuye, Chief of Mission, ambassador of Nigerian DC lifetime achievement award
2. Ambassador Bassey Archibong, Deputy Chief of Mission, embassy of Nigeria DC- lifetime achievement
3. Victor Olatoye, African Oscars. Recognition Award for contribution towards African Films.
4. Bimbo Roberts Folayan, Chair Central association of Nigerians in the UK- contribution towards the empowerment of Nigerian community abroad.
5. Ms Stella Onuoha: Business woman and NIDO official- award for contribution towards women’s enrichment
6. Lady Kate Njeuma: Founder of Miss Africa USA. Contribution towards young women empowerment
7. Yomi Omidiran: Contribution towards the Nigerian Music industry
8. Bunmi Sanya: Contribution towards the Nigerian Music industry
9. Onos Brisibi: Award for promoting gospel music
10. Lanre Olagbaju: award for contribution towards gospel music
11. Ms Toyin Afolayan: Award for contribution towards the development of Nollywood
12. Tosan Aduayi, publisher, Trendy Africa: contribution towards African media
13. Ireti Osayemi: contribution towards Nollywood.
14. Regina Olakunle: contribution towards the advancement of Nollywood abroad
15. Regina Askia- Williams: Lifetime recognition award
16. Toyin Raji- lifetime recognition award
17. Ranti Jacobs: recognition award for contributing towards Nollywood abroad
18. Olumide Anjorin: Contribution towards music and promotions
19. Ademola Oyefeso: contribution towards artiste promotions
20. Estella Couture: Contribution towards fashion for charity
21.Sumbo Abiola (Bewaji) contribution towards the fashion and style industry abroad.
22. Yemeco Classic Fashions: award for contributing towards the promotion of Nigerian craft
23. Taiwo Solanke: Contribution towards the media industry
24. Nkem Egede-Ojomo- contribution towards events industry
25. Taiwo Lawrence: contribution towards the entertainment industry
26. Wami Shittu: contribution towards the event industry
ABOUT TRENDY AFRICA MAGAZINE: Trendy Africa is an award winning multimedia solutions concept that has evolved from years of experience and vision. Our focus is to report, document and present the positive values and attributes of Africa, Africans and the world at large. Our other concepts include; Trendy Excellence Awards – TEA Awards, La Femme Gele Extraordinaire fashion competition – LGE and S.A.D-Speak Up Against Domestic Violence; a campaign against domestic violence.
ABOUT TOSAN ADUAYI: His journalism career dates back to 1992 when his first article on electronic products was published in “Crown Prince”, a Men’s Magazine published in Nigeria. He later became the pioneer Motoring Editor for Fame Weekly (1994), Encomium (1996) and Ovation International (1999), where he was an international correspondent and eventually became the USA bureau chief between 2003 and 2008. Trendy Africa was founded in 2004 as a photoblog while Trendy Africa Magazine commenced publication in 2008.