Ignite Africa Leadership Foundation 3rd annual Destiny Walk
Hundreds of participants gathered at the Ndubuisi Kanu Park in Alausa Lagos to participate in the 3rd edition of the Ignite Africa Readers R Leaders Destiny walk. The event featured music, comedy, networking sessions, drama and dance. Ignite Africa Readers R Leaders Destiny Walk is an awareness campaign focused on the reading culture in Nigeria. The 2016 walk included a stop at the Ignite Africa ultra-modern Library and resource center in Ikeja, Lagos.
22 Reasons Why We Need To Create Awareness To Revive The Reading Culture
- The main goal of reading is to develop your intellectual capacity, much that you can confidently compete on the world stage.
- The quality of your knowledge determines the quality of who you will attract into your life.
- What are industry Leaders & top innovators doing that set them apart? A huge personal bookshelf
- Not going to school is not an excuse for ignorance, you can teach and develop yourself into the best from reading.
- A country will always remain a third world nation until it identifies itself. You explore knowledge to find out who you are.
- When opportunities and understandings are blocked, moral decay and crime is the resultant effect.
- Love, respect, and trust are the most important aspects of all relationships. Knowledge helps you maintain it.
- If you keep on doing what you’ve always done, you’ll keep on getting what you’ve always got. Read to know more!
- When good reading and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.
- READ while you still can, to build a solid foundation for excellence.
- Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource. — John F. Kennedy
- If You Can Read & Don’t Read, Then Depend On Idiots for Your Information, You Are Not Different from Them. – Comedian Ali Baba
- You will never be a great leader unless you first learn… it all begins with the Books. See these great leaders: Obafemi Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Tafawa Balewa etc…
- Leadership is not an elite club for a certain few. It is the true essence of committed Readers.
- The future is waiting, but it will never side with ignorance. It will function with knowledge to see you excel. READ.
- To sustainably develop as a nation, and stand tall on the world stage, we must work towards becoming a nation of readers.
- Life is risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all cost, and that is the risk of not Reading.
- You don’t stop Reading and learning when you grow old, you grow old when you stop Reading and learning.
- We all must do our part in creating a literacy-rich culture and environment that supports independent Reading for our students.
- Do not stand by and watch ignorance take over our nation. Let’s promote the Reading Culture
- If we don’t do right educationally by the younger generation, we all will suffer the consequences
- A great revolution in just one single person will help achieve a change in the destiny of a society